Saturday, October 30, 2010

SST: Morgan's Mavericks

I picked up one of my orders from eBay, hand-delivered 'cause the seller and I live in the same general area. They were already basecoated a desert brown with a brick red/forest green/black tigerstripe camouflage pattern on one of them.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By spschnepp2 at 2010-10-30

As you can tell, I haven't done a whole lot to 'em yet. I touched up the visors, making them a paler blue (I'll probably wind up redoing them in an attempt at doing that jewel painting technique I've never gotten down, and like as not I'll get some gloss varnish in there just to see how it works out) and drybrushed Bleached Bone over 'em. Painting the corporal's stripes on went surprisingly well, but the sergeant's stripes, not so much. I'm either going to do 'em up in the chocolate chip desert pattern or have 'em all be in the same camouflage as the sergeant, not sure which. They're also going to get some 'battle damage' painted on, mostly in the form of scratched paint (mithril silver for the shiny). I'll get around to writing up some fluff for their squad eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment